A summary of the latest developments in Immigration law between 26 2020 to 13 July 2020.
- Updated advice for UK visa applicants and temporary UK residents
- Updated courts and tribunals planning and preparation
- Advice for UK visa applicants and temporary UK residents – Updated process on biometric information.
- Country returns guide. Updated country returns guide: various updates to country processes.
- Responses to reports by the Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration
- Application for change of conditions of leave to allow access to public funds if your circumstances change
- Guidance on applications under Global Talent
- The UK’s future skills-based immigration system: advisory group membership – Updated list of advisory groups.
- Unaccompanied asylum seeking children and leaving care: funding instructions – Added temporary amendment to UASC funding to local authorities.
- Malaysia – added new country policy and information note on sexual orientation and gender identity or expression.
- Iraq – Updated note on internal relocation, civil documentation and returns.
- Migrants rescued after boat capsizes in Channel | Immigration and asylum
- Priti Patel to unveil details of post-Brexit immigration plans | Immigration and asylum
- ‘Flawed’ test denies EU migrants universal credit, thinktank warns | Society
- LGBT asylum seekers’ claims routinely rejected in Europe and UK | UK news | The Guardian
- ‘People will die’: Priti Patel warned immigration policy will force thousands back on the streets | The Independent
- Care homes face staffing ‘black hole’ with new immigration bill – BBC News
- London councils call on government to suspend NRPF immigration status | UK news | The Guardian
- New reports by refugee support organisations and the National Audit Office examine changes to the asylum accommodation and support system | Electronic Immigration Network
- UK Brexit negotiator meets EU counterpart in bid to revive talks | Brexit | The Guardian
- London-born twins face deportation to different countries | Immigration and asylum | The Guardian
- Windrush – at least five who applied for compensation die before receiving it | Windrush scandal | The Guardian
- ‘The fury pours from the screen’: the Windrush Betrayal film made in lockdown | Film | The Guardian
- Inspection report published: An inspection of the Handling of Complaints and MP’s Correspondence by the Home Office Borders, Immigration and Citizenship System (BICS)
- Migrant women deliberately left out of UK abuse bill, say campaigners | Society | The Guardian
- Priti Patel accused of ‘shameful’ bid to deport girl at risk of FGM | Female genital mutilation (FGM) | The Guardian
- MoJ promises full consultation on immigration fee reform | News | Law Gazette
- Foreign Secretary announces new immigration route after China imposes national security law on Hong Kong | Electronic Immigration Network
- Immigration rules stop people getting support during coronavirus pandemic
- ‘Office for talent’ to be set up for scientists who want to work in UK | Immigration and asylum | The Guardian
- Dr Durga Sivasathiaseelan: ‘Charging migrants for NHS services needs to stop.’ The GP, who runs a mobile clinic, on getting healthcare to rough sleepers and refugees during the coronavirus crisis.
- Former England boxer Kelvin Bilal Fawaz wins 16-year battle to stay in UK. Fawaz, who was trafficked to the UK from Nigeria as a child, won his Home Office appeal last week.