A summary of the latest developments in Immigration law between 28 April 2020 to 3 May 2020.
Supreme Court departs from N-v-SSHD  UKHL 31 – adopted the approach in Paposhvili-v-Belgium  ECHR 1113 – exceptional circumstances in Article 3 medical cases does not only apply to ‘death bed’ cases, but also to being exposed to a serious, rapid and irreversible decline in health resulting in intense suffering.
- EU Settlement Scheme: looked-after children and care leavers guidance
- Visa extensions for NHS and frontline health workers during coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Register as a British citizen if you were born on or after July 2006 and your mother was married to someone other than your natural father (form UKF(M)).
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for UK visa applicants and temporary UK residents. Added guidance for frontline health workers working in different locations, carrying out supplementary work. The list of frontline workers affected expanded.
- Germany: residency – Information for UK nationals on applying for residency status in Germany.
- Dublin III Regulation – Updated guidance on Articles 13.2 and 17.2 of the Dublin Regulations, working with local authorities and timescales under Dublin Regulations.
- Responses to reports by the Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for UK visa applicants and temporary UK residents.
- Family life (as a partner or parent), private life and exceptional circumstances
- Coronavirus: PM must lift lockdown and extend Brexit transition, says Conservative Party donor | UK News | Sky News
- ‘Give refugees temporary leave to remain during Covid-19 crisis’ | Immigration and asylum | The Guardian
- Migrants told to rely on ‘investments and cash savings’ to meet visa requirements during lockdown | The Independent
- Coronavirus: Immigration detention centres in crisis – BBC News
- Home Office barred from deporting Zimbabwean with HIV | Human rights | The Guardian
- Deportation of man with HIV to Zimbabwe blocked by UK Supreme Court – BBC News
- Windrush backlog reaches 3,720 cases, Home Office reveals | Windrush scandal | The Guardian
- The Guardian view on immigration and Covid-19: old myths are exposed
- Priti Patel probe findings should be made public ‘as soon as possible’ – Labour – BBC News
- A key pillar of the hostile environment has just been backed by the appeal court | Immigration and asylum | The Guardian
- Kate Eves – Abuse of detainees at Brook House was truly shocking’ | Amelia Gentleman | Society | The Guardian